- Posted 23 August 2023
- Salary £20,000 per annum
- Business AreaFinance
- Closing Date 22 September 2023
Vacancy Location: Colchester, Essex CO6 2NS
Shifts: 37.5hrs hours per week - Monday to Friday (hybrid working)
Pay Rate: £20,000 per annum
Sponsorship: This service does not provide support for Sponsorship at this time
Who We Are
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home. We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people. Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
Purpose of the role
As Accounts Assistant, you will support the Finance Manager with maintaining the purchase ledger ensuring costs are accurately accounted for and suppliers are paid timely.
This role would suit a person who is eager to advance in their accountancy career whilst having the opportunity to study for a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Processing invoices, credit card expenses and intercompany journals accurately and timely so costs can be recorded and analysed.
- Ensuring appropriate sign off for invoices and payments together with capex spend forms.
- Setting up payment runs and processing ad-hoc bank payments gaining approval from the Head of Finance.
- Leading on all purchases outside of payment runs (hotels/ad hoc) ensuring bookings are made and paid through our prepaid card.
- Setting up credit accounts, online accounts, direct debits ensuring company policies are followed.
- Adding new users & services to existing accounts (alliance/office-depot) reviewing and querying order values.
- All Supplier relations/queries/remittances & payment dates.
Coordination of Expenses:
- Processing top up funds on home’s prepaid cards to allow monies to be allocated to people we support.
- Working with Registered Managers to ensure accurate recording of transactions on our prepaid cards.
- Posting daily bank transactions in Sage 50.
- Redistributing mobiles & lines internally when required.
- Ordering new lines/mobiles when required.
- Testing/setting up new and returned phones.
- Taxing vehicles, making sure vehicles are MOT & Serviced.
- Discussing repairs with garages/signing off works.
- Adding vehicles to insurance policy + ad hoc insurance queries.
- Arranging hire vehicles & insurance.
- Providing vehicle info to group, current mileage, costs etc.
- Arranging fuel cards and breakdown cover.
- Administering vehicle fines/tickets and ensuring these are passed on to payroll for recharge.
Ivolve Care & Support is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race, marital status, gender, sexuality, disablement or age.
- AAT qualified or currently studying (study support provided) - Desirable.
- 1-year minimum working within an office environment – Desirable.
- Intermediate Excel skills including VLookups, Sumifs, Pivot Tables – Desirable.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to build good working relationships with managers across the business sectors.
- Strong communication skills both oral and in writing.
- Ability to remain customer focussed and have business awareness to assist non-financial managers in providing an efficient service in a multi cost centre environment.
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of a modern specialist care organisation.
- Proven commitment to promoting Equal Opportunities in the workplace.
Confidentiality - The postholder must maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of information relating to Service Users, staff and other Company business.
Health and Safety - All staff must be familiar with the Company Health and Safety Policy, including a thorough understanding of personal responsibilities for maintaining own health and safety and others.
Risk Management - All staff need a basic working knowledge of risk management to enable them to participate in identification and control of all business risks that they encounter in their area of work.
Equality and Diversity - Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect at work and has a clear responsibility to comply with the detail and the spirit of the Equality and Diversity Policy.
Infection Control and Prevention - The Company is committed to minimising any risks of healthcare associated infection to Service Users, visitors and staff. All employees are required to be familiar with and comply with Infection Prevention and Control policies relevant to their area of work.
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children - The Company is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of vulnerable adults in our care. All employees are required to be familiar with their responsibilities in this area and to raise any concerns as appropriate.
Conflict of Interest - The Company is responsible for ensuring that the service provided for Service Users in its care meets the highest possible standard. Equally, the trust is responsible for ensuring that staff do not abuse their official position for personal gain or to benefit their family or friends. The Companies Standing Financial Instructions require any officer to declare any interest, direct or indirect, with contract involving the Company. Staff are not allowed to further their private interests when carrying out their Company duties.
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to represent current priorities and are not meant to be an exhaustive list. The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities. Any changes will be made in discussion with the post holder according to service needs.