Your new role at ivolve is calling you!
We would like to invite you to join our amazing team of professionals at our Blackburn Service. It is secure work, with full training and unlike many cooks, you can progress whether you are part-time or full-time or with even more flexible options.
We offer £10.42 per hour.
Our Cooks are creative, passionate and like to get stuck in with supporting their kitchens. You will love working in a busy environment whilst also being patient and resilient, showing lots of empathy and kindness.
Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives and being the supportive human being you are, you are ideally cut out to join us.
Catering experience is necessary, if you love a challenge and want to develop your career as a cook or want a change, we want to hear from you.
Who We Are
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home. We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people. Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
Our cooks play a vital role in the operation of our services, the people who live with us deserve high quality meals – and we provide an extensive quality menu to cater for anyone.
You will prepare and produce excellent quality meals to a high standard. You will welcome the people we support warmly and live our values of business. To collaborate with your colleagues to provide efficient and dynamic support and supervision to our kitchen staff.
Planning meals consulting with residents and colleagues to ensure that individual dietary needs and preferences are carefully planed. Shopping for ingredients and prepping meals. Ensuring that all Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation is adhered to.
Our approach is all about the food we provide and ensure we have a varied menu to meet each individual need. We design food plans in line with the SALT Team guidance – so we can create the best experiences together.
If you’re ready for a job that can truly make a difference and you’re up for a challenge, then this is the team for you.
How we will support you
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
- Colleague Lotto – giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes
- Prize winning Scratchcards aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our Colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards
- Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries
- Financial support with driving lessons following successful completion of probationary period
- Award-winning App for news and info.
- Internal social media.
- Team communities.
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more.
- Blue Light discount programme, funded by us.
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days.
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel
- Your birthday off after a years service!
- Free confidential Employee Assistance programme with qualified counsellors.
- Free wellbeing App.
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more.
Training and development to reach your potential
- Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards.
- Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health.
- Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications.
- Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships.
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve‿
- Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish.
- There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day.
- We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people.
- We build and nourish relationships with the people we support.