Vacancy Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Shifts: Monday to Thursday between 9:30 -2:30 or 10am-3pm
Pay Rate: £10.92 - £11.30 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
Sponsorship: This service does not provide support for Sponsorship at this time
Do you have a passion for cooking?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for cooking and to work for a fantastic company!
You’re a natural leader and organiser. You inspire your team to be the best they can be, and you’re warm and approachable too. If that’s you, then we’re already big fans.
Who We Are
We’re here to support people to flourish in supported living, a place they call home. We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people. Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
* You’ll support adults with lots of different needs such as learning disabilities and autism
* To contribute as part of the ARC team with the planning and delivery of an exciting and varied schedule of activities that meets the needs of our clients and tenants and is appealing for our clients and tenants to engage in
* To provide a varied plan of outings, events and activities during the summer period for clients and tenants to select from
* To lead and / or assist with the leading of all activities during sessions and to direct support staff to assist in the organisation of classes and activities
* To provide, as part of the ARC team, the day to day management of the Activity Centre – Ensuring we adhere to the landlord’s requirements of leaving the facility clean and tidy
* To contribute to the development of new ideas and innovation to keep the activities fresh and appealing for our clients and tenants
* Take part in the preparation of receipts, collection of money (where appropriate) and process through the ARC banking and accounting systems – in line with the ARC schedule
If you’re ready for a job that can truly make a difference and you’re up for a challenge, then this is the team for you.
The main skills and experience for this role
* Good general education
* Honesty, reliability, trustworthiness and a passion to make a difference
* Commitment to the aims and objectives of the home and of Ivolve
* Satisfactory Police Check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
* A commitment to undertake training and development
* RQF Level 2 or above in social care
* Previous experience within social care setting
* Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities
* Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks
* Confident IT user
How we will support you
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
You can work part-time, full-time or with even more flexible options.
* Colleague Lotto – giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes
* Prize winning Scratchcards aligned with values in action!
* We recognise our Colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards
* Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries
Your birthday off with pay and there is a £300 refer a friend scheme too.
£10.92 - £11.30ph
Shifts - Monday to Thursday between 9:30 -2:30 or 10am-3pm
Your salary will depend on your experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
* Award-winning App for news and info
* Internal social media
* Team communities
* Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more
* Blue Light discount programme, funded by us
* Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days
* Government mileage rates if you need to travel
* Free confidential Employee Assistance programme with qualified counsellors
* Free wellbeing App
* Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more
Training and development to reach your potential
* Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards
* Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health
* Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications
* Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships
Free driving lessons as part of a training course are offered to colleagues who successfully complete probation and meet qualifying criteria
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve
1. Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish
2. There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork
3. Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day
4. We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people
5. We build and nourish relationships with the people