Location: South of England
Salary: Up To £65,000 per annum
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Sponsorship: Unfortunately, we cannot provide support for Sponsorship at this time
Who We Are
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home. We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people. Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
As a Head of Operations, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the smooth running of the Region is maintained. You will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations, improving performance, supporting growth, and ensuring that Quality is maintained to the highest standards benefiting more lives and creating an amazing place to work. You will report to the Managing Director for the region, and will line manage the Area Managers.
As the Head of Operations, your decisions and strategies will have a significant impact on the overall success of the region your duties may include but are not limited to; managing colleagues, coordinating departmental activities, embedding operational policies and procedures, and ensuring that the organisation is compliant with regulatory compliance. You will also be expected to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to enhance operational efficiency and support growth for the Region, working in partnership with a variety of functions to achieve the best outcomes.
* Taking a lead on governance across the Region working in conjunction with relevant functions to improve quality. Providing management of improvement plans, encompassing both implementation, actions and feedback to enhance the quality of provision provided.
* Review any audit or inspection reports and recommendations ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures, responding to and acting upon any recommendations from the regulators and service commissioners.
* Managing the integration of new services and acquisitions, ensuring they meet both their financial and service quality objectives.
* Identify areas for improvement and support managers in devising appropriate strategies through coaching, mentoring, and exemplifying best practices.
* Overseeing the operational activities of the business and ensuring that the workforce is productive, staffed in accordance with our contractual obligations and rostered effectively to provide optimum delivery – reducing agency where applicable.
* Working in collaboration with functions to deliver key messages, strategic planning and high-quality delivery to lead the region in a transparent and consistent way of working enabling our services to comply with health and safety and other legislative requirements.
* Ensuring that colleagues are aware of operational best practices and ensure these are embedded and demonstrated through coaching, mentoring and feedback platforms, maintaining our values at the centre of everything we do.
* Providing effective oversight and management of budgets to ensure the financial priorities are met and where further oversight is required to manage this more efficiently provide solutions to support the Region in achieving financial targets.
* Undertaking people leadership to ensure Managers are accountable and reaching agreed KPI’s, Occupancy and other key objectives that impact the delivery of services.
* Completing investigation and disciplinary matters when required, always maintaining confidentiality.
* Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring colleagues as required.
* Analysing data across a variety of platforms to enhance the operational performance of the business.
* Maintaining a working knowledge of the industry including challenges and opportunities in the sector.
* Working closely with other heads of departments, functions, regulatory bodies, and key stakeholders to improve efficiency, reputation and morale as needed.
* Create and deliver presentations to support the expansion of the business across the region or to represent ivolve Care and Support across a variety of internal and external events.
* Implementing and embedding new processes to improve quality, increase productivity or profitability across the region.
* Complete regular service visits to promote senior management visibility and opportunities for feedback to shape experience for both colleagues and the people we support.
* Working in conjunction with Business Development to enable growth, onboarding of new services and ensure existing services meet the need of the business both for the people we support and commercially.
The main skills and experience for this role
* This role requires strong leadership skills eye for detail, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional partnership working abilities to establish solid partnership working across the region.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Exceptional organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
* Flexible and adaptable – able to work with ambiguity and changing priorities.
* Problem solving ability – resourceful and capable of finding solutions to challenges independently.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Calm under pressure and able to handle unexpected or urgent matters.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Be an ambassador for ivolve and demonstrate our values – Kind, Passionate and Resilient
* Be a driver and willing to travel to services within the region and beyond where required.
* Proficiency in office 365.
* An established track record of leading excellence and continuous improvement in service delivery and financial performance across a large and geographically dispersed network of services
* A highly effective leadership style and a demonstrable track record of developing high performing teams and positive cultures.
* Extensive experience of leading excellence in quality and regulatory compliance, including effectively managing serious incidents
* Experience of successfully opening new services and integrating services from other organisations
* A relevant professional qualification (e.g. social work, nursing) or evidence of advanced professional development at level 7
How we will support you
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension. Your birthday off with pay and there is a £300 refer a friend scheme too!
* Award-winning App for news and info.
* Internal social media.
* Team communities.
* Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more.
* Blue Light discount programme, funded by us.
* Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days.
* Government mileage rates if you need to travel.
* Free wellbeing App.
* Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more.
Training and development to reach your potential
* Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards.
* Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health.
* Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications.
* Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships.
Free driving lessons as part of a training course are offered to colleagues who successfully complete probation and meet qualifying criteria
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve.
1. Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish.
2. There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork.
3. Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day.
4. We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people.
5. We build and nourish relationships with the people we support.