Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package
Responsible to: Group Head of Health and Safety
Location and hours : Remote. This is a regional role. You will also have the flexibility to travel to sites as and when required by the business. You will be able to work flexibly.
Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic health and safety professional looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for improving safety and want to join a team that is committed to making a difference? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a Regional Health and Safety Manager to join our team. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to our employees and management teams across multiple sites in the region. You will be working with a team keen to foster your development and who will challenge you to be innovative. We work in the Health and Social Care sector and this rewarding role makes a big difference to the experiences of the people we support.
We are not looking for your typical Health and Safety professional. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success for innovation in health and safety, be willing to challenge the normal, and be on a trajectory to take a Head of position within the next 3 – 4 years. You will be a natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels.
In this role, you can make a real difference to the health and well-being of our colleagues and the people we support. You will lead on projects and systems development, implement best practice standards, and ensure health and safety legislation compliance. Your passion for health and safety will be contagious, and you will inspire others to promote a safe and healthy workplace actively.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and really make your mark. If you are a self-motivated, innovative health and safety professional looking to take the next step in your career, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting new challenge.
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home.
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home. We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people. Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
Working across the organisation the Health & Safety Manager (South) will engage with the regulatory frameworks, H&S regulation, quality assurance process, risk management, specialist support and all aspects of social care and safety governance.
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
- Communicating and ensuring the implementation of the group health and safety policies across the organisation.
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires.
- Assisting and advising the Managing Directors and their Regional Teams on the day-to-day implementation of the health and safety management system.
- Attending meetings with a range of key stakeholders engaging and influencing where required.
- To prepare reports - when needed - including the reporting of key HS performance indicators as required.
- Acting as key point of contact with third party organisations, including contractors, clients and enforcement agencies.
- Supporting the development of the groups H&S committee structure.
- Assisting with the development of the Health and Safety Management System across the business.
- Support with tender reviews; troubleshooting; offer value solutions.
- Deliver on going advice, guidance and workshops to regions enabling them to develop a culture of safety and wellbeing.
- Identify, develop, and implement Health & Safety training.
- To help identify, analyse, and resolve generic or significant HS risks and issues and ensure appropriate risk management plans are implemented.
- To monitor the completion of remedial actions Identified from risk assessment, audit and compliance checks.
- Acquisition Integration: As part of any acquisition integration plan undertake any specific tasks relating to H&S.
- Accident Investigation: Support Managers to undertake accident investigations and develop their competencies in this area.
- Audit: where required complete H&S audits, audit reports and action plans that drive safety improvements.
How we will support you
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
- Colleague Lotto – giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes
- Prize winning Scratch cards aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our Colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards
- Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries.
- Award-winning App for news and info
- Internal social media
- Team communities
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more
- Blue Light discount programme, funded by us
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel.
- Free confidential Employee Assistance programme with qualified counsellors
- Free wellbeing App
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more
Training and development to reach your potential.
- Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards.
- Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health
- Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications
- Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships.
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve
1. Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish.
2. There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork
3. Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day
4. We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people
5. We build and nourish relationships with the people we support