Vacancy Location: Covering our services in the East Midlands of England
Working Pattern: Regular working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday on a Hybrid Model
Salary: £26,000 per annum + use of company van
Are you a skilled and experienced Maintenance Operative looking to be part of a dynamic and thriving business? Do you take pride in your maintenance and decorating abilities, ensuring that every service is safe, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become a valued member of our dedicated team.
At ivolve we are committed to providing exceptional care and support to the people we support. As we continue to grow, we understand the importance of maintaining our services to the highest standards, creating a warm and welcoming environment for both the people we support and our colleagues.
- Undertake maintenance and decorating duties in the services and additional facilities keeping all relevant managers informed of the progress of works, along with any remedial maintenance and decoration tasks
- Assist with tasks as part of the maintenance department. Ensuring that records are maintained of works undertaken
- Ensure all necessary Health and Safety and practical issues for working within services are adhered to
- Ensure a reactive response is provided to issues that occur within the services liaising with the department manager to assess the job needs and define whether it is an issue that can be rectified ‘in-house’ or whether a third-party contractor is required
- Liaise and consult with Service Managers of the progress of works planned and scheduled
- Responsibility for the maintenance and decoration jobs, upkeep of all houses within residential and supported living. To include, when required, training office & activity centre
- Check emails daily and prioritise and respond to work required ensuring that emergencies are responded to in a timely manor
- Ensure the upkeep of all houses is to a high specification
- Assist with monthly checks carried out randomly of company vehicles, including the upkeep your allocated maintenance van and keep appropriate records to ensure at least each vehicle is checked at least once a year
- Carry out daily administration; petty cash, job sheets, respond to emails where deemed necessary
- Communicate positively with all managers and respond to their requests verbally in a prompt manner
- Ensure the health and safety of self, co-workers and clients is upheld for all tasks and duties.
- Ensure the storage garage is kept tidy, locked, and secure at all times
- Carry out tasks if they fall within the remit of professional competence and boundaries.
- Undertake other tasks or duties when required that fall within the general areas of the responsibility of the post
The Ideal Candidate
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Operative or similar role, preferably in a care or healthcare setting
- Proficiency in a range of maintenance and decorating tasks
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and building codes relevant to care facilities
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality workmanship
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A positive and compassionate attitude, reflecting our commitment to providing the best care to the people we support
How We Support You
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension. And there is a £300 refer a friend scheme too.
- Colleague Lotto – giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes.
- Prize winning Scratchcards aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our Colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards.
- Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries.
- Award-winning App for news and info.
- Internal social media.
- Team communities.
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more.
- Blue Light discount programme, funded by us.
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days.
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel.
- Free wellbeing App.
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more.
Training and development to reach your potential
- Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards.
- Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health.
- Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications.
- Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships.
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve
- Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish.
- There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day.
- We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people.
- We build and nourish relationships with the people we support.