Location: East Midlands, England
Salary: £12.00 - £12.50 per hour
Working Pattern: 40 hours per week
Sponsorship: Unfortunately we cannot provide support for Sponsorship at this time
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home
We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people.
Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
Please note: This role involves travel covering Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, Leicester and Chesterfield. A company van and equipment is provided. Regular working hours are 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, however there may be a requirement to have flexibility in hours to meet company needs.
To undertake painting & decorating duties in the services and additional facilities and to keep all relevant managers informed of the progress of works. To undertake any remedial decoration tasks. Assist with tasks as part of the maintenance department. Ensure that records are maintained of works undertaken. Ensure all necessary Health and Safety and practical issues for working within services are adhered to. Ensure a reactive response is provided to issues that occur within the services, liaise with the department manager to assess the job needs and define whether it is an issue that can be rectified ‘in-house’ or whether a third-party contractor is required. Liaise and consult with Service Managers of the progress of works planned and scheduled.
- Responsible for the decoration and assistance with the maintenance works and upkeep of all services within residential and supported living homes.
- To prioritise emergencies and respond accordingly.
- To ensure the upkeep of all services is to a high specification.
- Communicate positively with all managers and respond to their requests verbally in a prompt manner.
- To ensure the health and safety of self and co-workers are upheld for all tasks and duties.
- To carry out tasks if they fall within the remit of professional competence and boundaries.
The main skills and experience for this role.
Full UK Driving Licence
Either a qualification in the field or the equivalent amount of relevant experience
- Previous experience within a social care setting.
How We Support You
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
And there is a £300 refer a friend scheme too.
- Colleague Lotto – giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes.
- Prize winning Scratchcards aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our Colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards.
- Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries.
- Award-winning App for news and info.
- Internal social media.
- Team communities.
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more.
- Blue Light discount programme, funded by us.
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days.
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel.
- Free wellbeing App.
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more.
Training and development to reach your potential
- Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards.
- Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health.
- Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications.
- Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships.
5 more reasons to work with Ivolve
1. Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish.
2. There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork.
3. Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day.
4. We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people.
5. We build and nourish relationships with the people we support.