Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Responsible to: Group Learning and Development Manager
Location and Hours : This role will be a mix of being home based and travel to our services / training venues, as required. The areas this role covers is mainly in the North of England and Midlands.
We’re here to support people to flourish in a place they call home.
We’re one of the largest providers of adult social care with over 3,600 colleagues supporting 1,100 people.
Our approach is all about activities and co-production with the people we support. We work with them to design and plan what we do – so we can create the best experiences together.
And we’re on a mission to benefit even more people with our uncompromising quality of care and support. It’s the professional expertise and passion of our team that makes us different. We genuinely care and we love supporting people to set and then reach their goals. Because every person deserves the very best experience – every day.
- Reporting to the Group Learning and Development Manager you’ll collaborate with the business on a day-to-day basis to ensure key learning priorities are met.
- You will provide a high quality, comprehensive and professional L&D advice, and support service
- You’ll be passionate about developing our colleagues to support people with lots of different needs such as learning disabilities, autism, ABI and mental health.
Planning and Delivery
- You will identify the learning needs within a defined area and collaborate with relevant people to agree on the training plan.
- You will work alongside the learning admin team to scope, plan, and communicate the schedule of training activities.
- In addition to this you will deliver training where required in a person-centred way either in a classroom or virtually. You will role model best practice while doing so.
- You will assist the Learning Designer in developing blended learning solutions that are engaging, practical, relevant, and effective.
- You will use management information and data to prepare reports as required, and ensure follow up action is taken to enable the effective decision making
- You will ensure that your trainer team is fully aware of their role priorities to deliver an effective service to meet the organisation’s learning and development requirements, the needs of the audience; demonstrating return on investment
Deliver Great Standards
- You’ll work to ensure you follow guidelines, strategies, and procedures as set out in our policies to allow our colleagues to be trained to the highest standard.
- You’ll keep up to date with the latest learning practice, trends and emerging thinking, including positively incorporating diversity and inclusion into training delivery and sharing best practice across the L&D team.
- You will drive the importance of continuous service improvement within designated areas of responsibility, challenging existing practice and actively seeking ways of achieving better service value and provision
- You will support the implementation of learning quality assurance standards and monitors its application and effectiveness (for both internally and externally commissioned training)
Work as a Team
- Provide direct supervision and line manage a team of trainers on a regional basis.
- Take appropriate action to resolve issues relating to the trainers, their performance and capabilities
- You will participate in regular meetings as well as undertake such duties and responsibilities reasonably consistent with the role as may be required from time to time by the Group L&D Manager to support the needs of the business.
- You will work alongside our expert functions to deliver key outcomes in relation to Business Development, Quality, and People.
If you’re ready for a job that can truly make a difference and you’re up for a challenge, then this is the team for you.
The main skills and experience for this role
- An accredited training qualification e.g Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) or equivalent
- A management qualification (or willing to work towards)
- The ability to successfully manage, lead and motivate hybrid teams who cover a large geographical area
- The ability to promote remote working and training delivery through the use of technology and within regional locations; leading by example in terms of providing excellent customer service
- Excellent skills in using systems and technology.
- Up to date train the trainer certificates e.g. manual handling, basic life support, epilepsy / buccal.
- Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities.
- Honesty, reliability, trustworthiness and a passion to make a difference.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and training skills to facilitate learning.
- Ability to negotiate and influence persuasively and to command confidence and credibility in learning and development amongst colleagues, and stakeholders
- Knowledge of managing budgets and financial forecasting.
- Driver or good access to various transport to support moving between locations and ability to attend required meetings.
- NAPPI trainer qualification (willing to work towards)
How We Will Support You
We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
- Colleague lotto - giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes
- Prize winning scratch cards aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards
- Loyalty Scheme - recognising colleagues at work anniversaries
- Your birthday off after a years service!
- Award-winning App for news and info
- Internal social media
- Team communities
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more
- Blue Light discount programme, funded by us
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel
- Free confidential Employee Assistance Programme with qualified counsellors
- Free wellbeing App
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more
Training and Development to Reach Your Potential
- Learning journey that grows with you to reach care worker standards
- Specialist skills training including Autism, Dementia and Mental Health
- Career pathways that include flexible apprenticeships and nationally recognised qualifications
- Cover the cost of relevant professional memberships
5 More Reasons to Work with Ivolve‿
1. Our people are pretty fabulous. We take pride and pleasure in helping others to flourish
2. There’s a great energy across the business and a strong sense of teamwork
3. Very few jobs have such an impact on people’s lives – we bring joy to people every day
4. We have a proud history, we’re a big organisation of over 3,600 colleagues supporting over 1,100 people
5. We build and nourish relationships with the people we support